- Power tools containing gasoline or oil should be drained before moving
- Household cleaning chemicals are not to be transported on moving trucks
- Hand tools should be wrapped and packed securely
- Never pack perishable items
- Live plants may not be transported over state lines
- Empty propane tanks for barbeque grills prior to moving
Moving Out Day
- Confirm the delivery time and date at your new address. Provide your van operator with your new phone number. Be sure to include cell phone numbers where you can be reached at anytime.
- Be on hand when the movers arrive. If you’re unavailable, make sure an authorized adult is present. Please note that this person may be asked to sign documents obligating you to charges.
- When the van operator arrives, review all paperwork and details. Accompany the mover as he or she inspects and tags with an identifying number on each piece of furniture.
- Remain on site until the last item is packed. Make a final inspection around the house before signing any paperwork.
Moving In Day
- Make sure you're there when movers arrive and please remain while they unload in case any questions arise.
- Make sure your utilities have been connected and follow up with any delays.
- It's a good idea to know exactly where you want everything placed prior to unloading. Plan to be available to direct us as we unload.
Do not hesitate to contact us if there are concerns or questions about any items you would like to transport.Franklin Movers – (615) 794-8866
Professional Services & Office Movers